Tim Hockin and Aparna Sinha joined the show to talk about the backstory of Kubernetes inside Google, how Tim and others got it funded, the infrastructure of Kubernetes, and how they’ve been able to succeed by focusing on the community.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Sentry – Get 30 days free when you sign up with the code
- Hired – Get hired. It’s free — in fact, they pay you to get hired. Our listeners get a double hiring bonus of $600.
- Datadog – Cloud-Scale Monitoring — Monitoring that tracks your dynamic infrastructure and applications. Plus next-generation APM. Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize end-to-end application performance. Start your free trial, install the agent, and get a free t-shirt!
- Tim Hockin – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Aparna Sinha – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Large-scale cluster management at Google with Borg
- Kubernetes The Hard Way
- Go Time #20: Kubernetes, Containers, and Go with Kelsey Hightower
- Bringing Pokémon GO to life on Google Cloud
- Google Cloud Platform
- Kubernetes on Wikipedia