Wynn caught up with Alex MacCaw to talk about Spine, CoffeeScript, writing books, and working at Twitter.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Notes and Links
- Alex MacCaw, O’Reilly writer and open source developer now working on the front-end for Twitter.
- Spine is written in CoffeeScript
- Eco is Alex’s favorite client-side templating engine.
- Alex suggests trying to use the same templating engine server-side and client-side, perhaps with Mustache, is a pipe dream.
- Spine integrates with Rails out of the box.
- Hem is like Bundler but for Node.js.
- Juggernaut enables realtime server push with node.js, WebSockets and Comet
- Spine.app “Effortlessly generate Spine, CoffeeScript and Hem applications. Spine.App gives your applications structure, CommonJS modules, a development server and more.”
- Alex is working on The Little Book on CoffeeScript in printed form for O’Reilly.
- Twitter is hiring! Got the chops? Get in touch.
- Jeremy Ashkenas is Alex’s programming hero.