This week we take you behind the scenes of the new infrastructure for Changelog.com and talk with Gerhard Lazu. We relaunched the new brand and site for Changelog on Phoenix/Elixir in October of 2016 and we needed a better way to reliably host and deploy the site. That’s where Gerhard came in. We cover all the details and decisions in this show.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Sentry – Get 30 days free when you sign up with the code
- Hired – Get hired. It’s free — in fact, they pay you to get hired. Our listeners get a double hiring bonus of $600.
- Microsoft Azure OpenDev – See what’s possible with open source in the cloud. Watch the recorded videos from this live event to see real-world demonstrations of Azure supporting open technologies. Hear from leaders in the open source community. Learn how you can build containerized microservices and improve your open source DevOps pipeline.
- Gerhard Lazu – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Gerhard guest blogged for us about Ansible and Docker way back in the day (Feb 21, 2014)
- Jerod found edeliver which was based on deliver a pure bash deployment tool with customisable strategies
- Gerhard gave a talk about the process