In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes talk about their process for updating project dependencies.Sponsor - LogRocket
LogRocket lets you replay what users do on your site, helping you reproduce bugs and fix issues faster. It's an exception tracker, a session re-player and a performance monitor. Get 14 days free at logrocket.com/syntax.Sponsor - MagicBell
MagicBell is the the notification inbox for your product. Add a MagicBell to your product for announcements, billing, workflow, and other notifications. The free plan supports up to 100 Monthly Active Users - use the coupon code SYNTAXFM for 10% off the first 12 months.Show Notes
- 00:25 Weeeeelcome
- 00:52 Sponsor: LogRocket
- 01:29 Sponsor: Magic Bell
- 03:32 What are dependancies?
- 04:04 Wes updates all the things
- 05:30 How to check if there are any updates
- 07:05 Upgrade isolated, Minor deps first.
- 09:16 Upgrade Minor groups after that
- 09:56 Then upgrade Major dependencies
- 14:47 Finally upgrade any stand along dependencies
- 15:44 Test test test
- 16:19 Watch error logging
- 17:05 Pray