October means it's time for Hacktoberfest. We're talking with Shannon Crabill about what open source is, how to get involved with Hacktoberfest, and tips & tricks for maintaining open source projects.
- Who is Shannon? - 1:17
- What is open source? - 4:19
- How did you get involved in Hacktoberfest? - 4:55
- What is it like to maintain an open source project? - 6:27
- Tips && tricks for people wanting to work on maintaining an open source project - 7:35
- How to contribute to Hacktoberfest projects? - 8:54
- Advice for beginners getting started in open source - 11:51
- How do you find projects to contribute to? - 13:09
- Hard parts of open source - 14:30
- Best parts of open source - 15:38
- How to gain confidence to contribute - 16:52
- Advice to someone beginning their coding journey - 18:06
For the full show notes, head over to our website!