Recording date: 2020-03-03
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Keilla Fernandes @keillamenezes_
Brought to you by
- Abbott & Castello "Who's on First"
- Angular Ivy
- Service Worker
- Using web workers
- Web Worker API
- Caching files with a service worker
- Navigator OnLine API for detecting network in a browser
- redux persist
- The App Shell
- Progressive Web Apps
- Debugging Tools in the browser
- Creating a service worker in Create React app
- Creating a service worker in the Vue CLI
- SapperUpdating service workers - The Service Worker lifecycle
- Google tutorial on debugging service workers in Chrome
- Mistakes Junior React Developers Make
- Get started with PWAs on Azure
- Add DevOps to a Gatsby app with PWA features
- Keilla at the DevIntersection event in Orlando April 2020
- 02:36 Guest introduction
- 03:55 What are service workers?
- 07:53 Where could people be using service workers?
- 08:46 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 09:51 How do I keep everything fresh and in sync?
- 28:33 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 29:33 Chrome Developer tools and service workers
- 31:20 Service workers and push notifications
- 32:33 Do I need to worry about service workers?
- 37:39 How does HTTP and caching work?
- 40:38 Final thoughts