Recording date: 2019-08-20
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Katie Hempenius @KatieHempenius
- Katie Hempenius on Twitter
- Katie's talks
- Nostate Prefetch
- Katie at Smashing Conf talking about code splitting and other performance topics
- Katie's talk on Speed at Scale
- Why Web Performance Matters
- Web Performance made easy
- Lighthouse tools for web performance
- Server Compression with Express
- .NET Core compression
- nginx compression
- express compression
- oh no, stylesheet grows grows grows
- Unused CSS
- Authoring critical above the fold css
- Addy Osmani's Critical CSS tool
- CSS and CI
- Time to Interactive (TTI)
- Latency vs bandwidth
- TCP Slow Start
- 02:24 Guest introduction
- 07:01 What is web performance at Google?
- 10:37 Sponsor: ag-Grid
- 12:00 What's so important about lazy loading and code splitting?
- 19:59 Does script order matter?
- 20:58 What are the things most of us do wrong?
- 31:58 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 33:02 What is TTI and why should we care?
- 36:07 Do service workers change the equation?
- 40:17 Latency vs bandwidth?
- 44:41 Final tips