Dan and Craig talk about the ways to use containers to deploy web apps, and the benefits and drawbacks to using Kubernetes for deploying web apps.
Recording date: 11/03/2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Brought to you by
Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- Docker Desktop
- Rancher Desktop
- What is a Container
- Amazon Elastic Container Service
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service
- Google Cloud Run
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- Azure Container Apps
- What are containers: Benefits and Use Cases
- Get Started with Containers
- What is a container image?
- 00:34 The famous Craig Shoemaker
- 01:43 Deploying apps in containers
- 02:37 Why use containers?
- 06:22 Benefits and pain points of Kubernetes
- 09:50 Sponsor: Narwhal
- 10:18 When should you use Kubernetes?
- 14:52 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 15:50 Where do you run Kubernetes?
- 23:56 Where do you get started with containers?
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.