Recording date: Nov 1, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Ely Lucas @ElyLucas
Brought to you by
- React with PWA and Ionic with ELy Lucas on Web Rush episode 69
- Component Test, by Martin Fowler
- Writing your first component test
- Angular component test harnesses
- React and Cypress
- Testing React components
- Cypress and Svelte
- Angular and Cypress
- Vue and Cypress
- Cypress vs Selenium
- Waiting and Retry in Cypress
- Intercepting http requests with Cypress
- Blockbuster on Netflix
- 00:51 Candy hangovers
- 02:40 Guest introduction
- 04:12 What is component testing?
- 07:30 How do you test complicated components?
- 10:03 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 11:04 Calcuate taxes example
- 16:39 What's your background with testing?
- 20:45 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 21:48 Why don't we want to test?
- 24:55 What's easy and what's still difficult?
- 27:57 What code am I handing over to Cypress?
- 35:27 Cypress 11 availability
- 36:13 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.