Recording date: 7/14/2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Brian Holt @Holtbt
Brought to you by
- Stripe API Documentation
- Payment Gateway
- Stripe Shell
- Brian Holt classes on Front End Masters
- Rust programming language
- Go programming language
- Stripe Multi-Language Documentation/Examples
- Payment Methods API
- What does a software Product Manager Do?
- Azure App Service
- Sarah Drasner
- Azure Developer CLI
- Brian Holt’s AZ EZ
- Frontend Masters
- 00:59 Guest introduction
- 02:11 What is it about developer tools that you enjoy?
- 05:19 What problems are you seeing day to day at Stripe?
- 08:24 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 09:31 How much of developer tooling do you connect with?
- 12:44 Convention over configuration?
- 14:35 What's the hardest part to get right?
- 18:40 How do you know what users really want?
- 22:35 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 23:28 What's been your journey to PM role?
- 32:03 In what ways did being an engineer help you as a PM?
- 37:31 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.