Recording date: 06/30/2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Waldek Mastykarz @Waldekm
Brought to you by
- Waldek Mastykarz blog
- Microsoft Teams
- Teams Toolkit
- VS Code extension
- GitHub app for Teams
- Include a SaaS offer with your Teams app
- Build apps for Microsoft Teams (Docs)
- Design your tab for Microsoft Teams
- Teams Message Extensions
- Designing your Microsoft Teams meeting extension
- Create a bot
- Bots in Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Graph
- The Back of a Napkin
- 01:13 Guest introduction
- 02:51 Why did you start building apps for Teams?
- 04:40 What benefit is there to use Teams?
- 06:44 Can apps leverage the Teams infrastructure?
- 08:26 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 09:28 Do you have examples of apps developed for Teams?
- 15:28 What is the developer experience of building an app for Teams?
- 20:17 What events or app life cycle are devs going to want to use?
- 25:17 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 26:13 How easy is it to bring an existing app into Teams?
- 29:32 Are apps isolated from Teams?
- 31:03 What are some use cases for bots inside Teams?
- 32:54 What is debugging a Teams app like?
- 39:20 What is the query language for Microsoft graph?
- 40:35 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.