Recording date: April 21, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Maarten Tibau @maartentibau
Brought to you by
Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- Type Safety
- Type-Safe TypeScript
- TypeScript support in VS Code
- TypeScript: The Good, The Bad, and the Type-Safe
- Achieving Type Safety with TypeScript
- Tim Deschryver on Twitter / blog
- Why Ernest Hemingway scissors are so expensive
- TypeScript "Everyday Types"
- TypeScript config file Tsconfig
- Ravioli Code in TypeScript
- Types vs Interfaces in TypeScript
- Wurkin Stiffs - magnetic collar stays
- Time Zone Converter
- 02:29 Guest introduction
- 03:58 What is Type Safety?
- 06:21 What is the value of TypeScript?
- 08:53 Sponsor: Narwhal
- 09:31 Does the presence of Types alone make you safe?
- 16:54 What are the benefits?
- 21:55 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 22:55 How do you make projects more Type Safe?
- 29:22 What's the softer way of not throwing an error?
- 33:15 What's your preference - Types or Interfaces?
- 36:05 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.