Recording date: 03/17/2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Shawn Wildermuth @ShawnWildermuth
Brought to you by
- Tailwind CSS
- Shawn’s Hello World film
- Shawn’s blog
- The pros and cons of using TailWind CSS
- CSS values and units
- FlexBox CSS
- Dan’s course on jQuery at Pluralsight
- TailWind CSS on GitHub
- Using pre-processors with TailWindCSS
- Shawn’s Coding Short on Tailwind
- Docker ignore files
- 00:50 Diving in to Tailwind
- 01:35 Guest introduction
- 03:44 What is Tailwind?
- 06:04 When does Tailwind work best?
- 10:32 Sponsor: Ionic
- 11:07 Tailwind classes and components
- 17:04 What is flex?
- 17:41 Pruning your CSS
- 27:56 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 29:00 How does Tailwind interact with React or TSX?
- 32:36 Can you use Sass with Tailwind?
- 33:49 How does Tailwind handle dark or light theming?
- 36:38 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.