Recording date: March 17, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Brought to you by
Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- Web Rush episode with Matteo and Fastify
- Web Rush episode with Matteo with Node.js Optimization and Performance
- Fastify from 600k in Aug 2020 to 1.6m in Feb 2022
- CityJS London
- Matteo speaking at the OpenJS World keynote
- Moving Fastify to Azure Pipelines with Matteo Collina and Damian Brady
- Fastify ecosystem
- Fastify on InfoQ
- Fastify and Validation of Data
- Article on "Forget Express"
- Fastify Hooks
- Routing in Fastify
- Pino logger in GitHub
- Express Contributors
- Fastify to Express
- Fastify Workflows
- Log4j vulnerabilities explained
- OWASP top ten security issues
- Scan your npm dependencies
- 02:25 Guest introduction
- 05:25 Live vs virtual conferences
- 06:38 npm Ecosystem and Security
- 09:07 Update on Fastify
- 12:06 Sponsor: Narwhal
- 12:40 Were you able to start with this process in the beginning of Fastify?
- 15:30 Front end vs back end concerns
- 17:20 Serverless vs server based cold starts
- 22:37 How Fastify helps with security issues
- 24:05 Why is my npm modules folder so big?
- 26:56 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 28:01 Vulnerabilities in open source
- 33:01 What do people who aren't able to code do?
- 34:01 Security tips for using node
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.