Recording date: March 10, 2022
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Josh Thomas @Jthoms1
Brought to you by
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum, “Sneakers”
- Greenfield applications
- Brownfield applications
- Micro Front Ends with Natalia Venditto on Web Rush episode 113
- Micro Front End Architecture
- Ionic Framework
- Module Federation
- More on module federation with micro front ends
- Turning Red
- Ionic Portals
- Micro Frontends for Mobile
- 02:06 Guest introduction
- 04:05 What is Micro Front Ends?
- 04:37 Why is it simpler?
- 06:25 What challenge or issue is this solving?
- 07:30 Is it a good option for existing projects or for new apps?
- 08:28 Sponsor: Ionic
- 09:00 What is greenfield vs brownfield?
- 11:57 What do you pass to micro front ends?
- 15:15 How do you decide when to break something apart?
- 16:48 What are some of the difficulties in doing this?
- 17:54 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 18:53 How does this apply in the mobile web?
- 20:27 What is modular federation?
- 25:46 Does it happen for marketing reasons?
- 30:39 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.