Recording date: 10/01/2021
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Natalia Venditto @anfibiacreativa
Brought to you by
- Cloud database
- ACID Database Principles
- Relational database
- Document-Model database
- SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Referential integrity in databases
- Data localization
- The Price of Peace
- Hemingway app
- Hemingway’s “Shortest story” contest
- 01:43 Guest introduction
- 03:36 How do you think about databases in 2021?
- 09:27 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 10:30 How do you break out various databases and when to use them?
- 17:41 Databases in the cloud
- 20:26 Stories of successful database decisions
- 25:03 Sponsor: Ionic
- 25:48 What kinds of issues did you have?
- 28:51 Do we evolve past data schemas?
- 36:01 What about relational integrity?
- 38:33 When should I choose to go with MongoDB?
- 41:16 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.