Adam and Wynn caught up with David Recordon and other Facebook developers to talk about their wide range of open source projects including Tornado, Hip-Hop, and Three20 as well as OpenGraph and OAuth 2.0.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Notes and Links
- David Recordon Open Source developer at Facebook, co-creator of OAuth
- Paul Bucheit Co-founder of FriendFeed, creator of Gmail
- Haiping Zhao Creator of Hip-Hop at Facebook
- Scott MacVicar Developer on Hip-hop at Facebook
- Owen Yamauchi - Three20 developer at facebook
- Joe Hewitt Original Three20 developer, creator of Firebug
- Tornado - Non-blocking web server built in Python
- epoll - the Linux magic at the heart of Tornado
- EventMachine Ruby approach to evented, asynchronous web
- Node.js - You do listen to this show, right?
- Hip-hop PHP - Pre-compile your PHP into lightning fast C++
- Three20 - iPhone framework extracted from Facebook’s iPhone app
- iPhone OS 4.0 Next version of Apple’s mobile operating system
- OpenGraph Enables web sites to become rich objects in social graphs
- OAuth2 New simpler mobile and desktop-friendly version of everybody’s favorite authentication method
- f8 Facebook’s developer conference