Nathan Sobo, founding member of the Atom editor team at GitHub, joined the show take us all the way back to the beginning of Atom to learn where it came from, the founding team, the problem it solves, on through to shipping 1.0 and beyond.
Changelog++ members support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear. Join today!
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice! Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Hired – Get hired. It’s free — in fact, they pay you when you get hired. Our listeners get a double hiring bonus of $2,000.
- Compose – Production ready, cloud hosted databases. Pick your flavor - MongoDB, Elasticsearch, RethinkDB, Redis, Postgres, etcd, or RabbitMQ. When you’re ready to sign up use our special URL compose.com/changelog to get 60-days free on Compose
- Nathan Sobo – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Lambda the Ultimate
- Chris Wanstrath
- Corey Johnson
- Github Atom’s Code-Editor Nerds Take Over Their Universe
- Atom on Libraries.io
- Treetop on Libraries.io
- The super early version of Atom was built on Ace Editor
- Atom: free and open source for everyone
- Atom homepage
- @atomeditor on Twitter
- Atom on GitHub
- Atom Flight Manual – Documentation for Atom, generated by nanoc, hosted by GitHub Pages
- Atom Blog
- Atom Forum
- The Changelog #216: Electron and Cross Platform Desktop Apps with Zeke Sikelianos
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!