From KubeCon + CloudNativeCon 2017 — Brendan Burns (Kubernetes co-founder) and Gabe Monroy (creator of Deis) joined the show to talk about the origin, impact, and future of Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Command Line Heroes – A new podcast about the epic true tales of the developers, hackers, and open source rebels revolutionizing the tech landscape from the command line up. Presented by Red Hat.
- Google Cloud Platform Podcast – Google Cloud Platform weekly podcast is where Google developer advocates Melanie Warrick and Mark Mandel answer questions, get in the weeds and talk to GCP teams, customers, and partners about best practices—from security to machine learning and more. Hear from technologists all across Google about trends and cool things happening with our technology.
- DigitalOcean – DigitalOcean has new, highly competitive droplet pricing! A flexible $15 plan where you can mix and match RAM and CPUs resources. Updates to CPU-optimized Droplets. Per-second billing (coming soon). New accounts get $100 is hosting credit to use in your first 60 days.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
- Brendan Burns – Twitter, GitHub
- Gabe Monroy – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
“If Kubernetes let’s you not think about your machines, I think in many cases people don’t even want to have machines, this move towards serverless containers and the orchestration of serverless containers is the next really important part of what we’re doing.” — Brendan Burns, co-founder of Kubernetes
- Follow @KubeCon_ on Twitter for updates on the conference
- Go Time #63: Changelog Takeover – K8s and Virtual Kubelet