Ilya Grigorik is back again — this time we’re talking about his true passion, internet plumbing, web performance, and the HTTP/2 spec. We cover everything around HTTP/2, the spec, HTTP/1 history, SPDY, binary framing layer, the semantics of HTTP/2, pipelining, multiplexing, header compression (HPACK), server push, TLS, “time to glass”, upgrading, adoption, support, and more.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Codeship – If it works with Docker, it works with Codeship Jet.
- Code School – Learn to program by doing with hands-on courses. Sign up for Code School at only $19/month. That’s $10 off per month!
Notes and Links
- Ilya Grigorik (@igrigorik) on Twitter
- Ilya Grigorik on GitHub
- The Changelog #55: Goliath, Event Machine, and SPDY with Ilya Grigorik
- The Changelog #144: GitHub Archive and Changelog Nightly with Ilya GrigorikChangelog
- High Performance Browser Networking
- Chapter 12. HTTP/2 - High Performance Browser Networking
- HTTP/2 in one slide
- Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Is TLS Fast Yet?
- Implementations · http2/http2-spec Wiki
- Nghttp2: HTTP/2 C Library - nghttp2.org
- Jetty - Servlet Engine and Http Server
- Website Performance Optimization Testing Course - Udacity
- SPDY: An experimental protocol for a faster web - The Chromium Projects
- Changelog Weekly - Issue #54
- Changelog Weekly - Issue #55
- Google’s Ilya Grigorik on HTTP 2.0