Adam and Wynn caught up with Geoffrey Grosenbach, Brandon Mathis, and Tim Caswell to talk about publishing with open source tools, open blogging, and the back-to-the-future world of static site generators and database-less blogs.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
Notes and Links
- Peepcode In-depth screencasts and tutorials
- Git Peepcode The best way to get up to speed with git
- About this Blog TopFunky’s blog stack
- Brandon’s Design blog
- Open Blogging Close to the source control metal blogging where article submissions are pull requests
- EdgeRails.info Fast-moving blog for Rails early adopters
- Octopress A blogging framework for hackers built on top of Jekyll, Compass, Sass, and Haml
- HowToNode.org Tim’s open blog for how to learn Node.js
- Node Blog The blogging engine behind HowToNode.org
- Nesta Neat dynamic blogging tool on top of Sinatra
- Webby Ruby tool for creating static web sites (or other text output)
- Blosxom PERL reminds us that none of these ideas are new
- RailsCamp “Imagine yourself and a posse of like-minded ruby hackers on a country retreat with zero internet for a weekend of fun.”
- Nanoc Awesome static site generator from Denis Defreyne that powers the upcoming Compass docs site
- Fancy Buttons Brandon’s Compass plugin for making great looking buttons out of
- node-dirty A key value store for node.js that is simple, fast & dirty.