Amal Hussein (Engineering Manager at npm) joined the show to talk about AST’s — aka, abstract syntax trees. Amal is giving a talk at All Things Open on the subject so we asked her to give us an early preview. She’s on a mission to democratize the knowledge and usage of AST’s to push legacy code and the web forward.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- All Things Open – Exploring open source, open tech, and the open web in the enterprise. Raleigh, NC — October 13-15, 2019
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2019. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- GitPrime – GitPrime helps software teams accelerate their velocity and release products faster by turning historical git data into easy to understand insights and reports. Ship faster because you know more. Not because you’re rushing. Learn more at gitprime.com/changelog.
- TeamCity by JetBrains – Build and release your software faster with TeamCity — a self-hosted continuous integration and delivery server developed by JetBrains. TeamCity is super-smart at running incremental builds, reusing artifacts, and building only what needs to be built, which can save over 30% of the daily build time. Learn more at teamcity.com/changelog.
- Amal Hussein – Twitter, GitHub
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
We’ll be at All Things Open! We’re hosting a LIVE JS Party on stage and Jerod Santo is giving a talk on using Svelte for a radical new approach to building user interfaces. And as a special thanks from the team behind All Things Open, we’re giving away 5 free passes to the conference. All you have to do tweet “I want a free pass to All Things Open because…” and state your reason and copy @Changelog and @AllThingsOpen in the tweet.
We’ll DM the winners next Friday, September 27th — good luck!
For those who don’t want to wait and just want 20% off your ticket right now — use the code
changelog20 when you buy your tickets. This code has UNLIMITED uses, so tell your friends! Head to allthingsopen.com to learn more and register.