This week we’re joined by Brittany Dionigi, Director of Platform Engineering at Articulate, and we’re talking about how organizations can take a more intentional approach to supporting the growth of their engineers through learning-focused engineering.
Brittany has been a software engineer for more than 10 years, and learned formal educational and classroom-based learning strategies as a Technical Lead & Senior Instructor at Turing School of Software & Design. We talk through a ton of great topics; getting mentorship right, common coaching opportunities, classroom-based learning strategies like backwards planning, and ways to identify and maximize the learning opportunities for teams and org.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- InfluxDB – InfluxDays NA 2021 Virtual Experience (October 26-27) — InfluxDays is an event focused on the impact of time series data. Find out why time series databases are the fastest growing database segment providing real-time observability of your solutions. Get practical advice and insight from the engineers and developers behind InfluxDB, the leading time series database. Our listeners get $50 off the Hands-on Flux Training - use the code
changelog21. Learn more and register for free at influxdays.com
- Teleport – Teleport Access Plane lets you access any computing resource anywhere. Engineers and security teams can unify access to SSH servers, Kubernetes clusters, web applications, and databases across all environments. Try Teleport today in the cloud, self-hosted, or open source at goteleport.com
- LaunchDarkly – Ship fast. Rest easy. Deploy code at any time, even if a feature isn’t ready to be released to your users. Wrap code in feature flags to get the safety to test new features and infrastructure in prod without impacting the wrong end users.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com
- Brittany Dionigi – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Camille Fournier (Camille Forn-yay) - An incomplete list of skills senior engineers need
- Katrina Owens - Cultivating Instinct
- Note-taking and the decision to externalize memory
- Guide to Medical Education in the Teaching Hospital - lots of good things about how they integrate learning into their day-to-day business operations
- Science of Learning Concepts for Teachers (Project Illuminated)
- Culturally Responsive Teaching - A 50-State Survey of Teaching Standards
- What is Project Based Learning (PBL)?
- A powerful way to improve learning and memory
- Working Backwards: Insights, Stories, and Secrets from Inside Amazon
- Jeli - dedicated incident analysis platform
- Turing School of Software and Design