Isaac Schlueter and Charlie Robbins joined the show to talk about the “crashyness” of npm recently and the community fundraiser they are starting to ask the community to support npm and to keep it running. Isaac is the creator of npm and a maintainer of Node.js. Charlie is the co-founder and CEO of Nodejitsu.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- DigitalOcean – Use the code
CHANGELOGto get a $10 hosting credit when you create a new DigitalOcean account
- Toptal – Join Toptal and work with awesome people from anywhere in the world. Freelance with companies like Airbnb, Artsy & IDEO.
Notes and Links
- You are npm. Keep it running. Keep it awesome.
- npm (npmjs) on Twitter
- Charlie Robbins (indexzero) on Twitter
- I Zimmitti S (izs) on Twitter
- #101: npm origins and Node.js with Isaac Schlueter - The Changelog
- Nodejitsu Open Source Hosting
- Go Enterprise with node.js and npm | Nodejitsu Inc.
- Nodejitsu | CrunchBase Profile
- Billion Dollar Question - Palo Alto - Developer Center - Joyent
- @svenlito: “As a Developer I want super fast npm” - Everyone, always.
- Trent Mick (trentmick) on Twitter
- #99: Flynn, Tent, open source PaaSes and more with Jeff Lindsay and Jonathan Rudenberg - The Changelog