Sid Sijbrandij, CEO of GitLab, joined the show to talk about their recent unveiling of the GitLab Master Plan, $20 Million secured in a Series B funding round, their idea of Conversational Development in this “post Agile world”, and their focus on the enterprise and on-premise Git hosting as the business model to sustain and build GitLab into something ‘modern software teams’ can rely upon.”
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice! Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $10/mo. We host everything we do on Linode servers. Use the code
changelog20to get 2 months free!
- Rollbar – Put errors in their place! Full-stack error tracking for all apps in any language.
- Code School – Learn to program by doing with hands-on courses. Sign up for Code School at only $19/month. That’s $10 off per month!
- Sid Sijbrandij – Twitter
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- The Changelog #103: GitLab and open source with Sytse Sijbrandij
- The GitLab Master Plan - YouTube
- GitLab Live Event Recap | GitLab
- Applied physics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- operable/cog: Bringing the power of the command line to chat
- Introducing Cog
- Cog + ChatOps = Continuous DevOps
- Cycle Analytics (#847) · Issues · GitLab.org / GitLab Enterprise Edition · GitLab
- GitLab Team Handbook
- GitLab Strategy
- GitLab.com - Marketing Issues
- GitLab Master Plan on Hacker News (see comments)
- Include GitLab projects in Changelog Nightly · Issue #21