Today we have a very special show for you – we’re talking with Quincy Larson the founder of freeCodeCamp as part of a two-part companion podcast series where we each celebrate our 5 and 10 year anniversaries. This year marks 5 years for freeCodeCamp and 10 years for us here at Changelog. So make sure you check out the freeCodeCamp podcast next week when Quincy ships our episode to their feed. But, on today’s episode we catch up with Quincy on all things freeCodeCamp.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- DigitalOcean – The simplest cloud platform for developers and teams Whether you’re running one virtual machine or ten thousand, makes managing your infrastructure too easy. Get started for free with a $50 credit. Learn more at do.co/changelog.
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon (Amsterdam 2020) – Get an additional 10% off registration with the code
KCEUGOTIME. Learn more and register.
- Retool – Retool makes it super simple to build back-office apps in hours, not days. The tool is is built by engineers, explicitly for engineers. Learn more and try it for free at retool.com/changelog
- Square – The Square developer team just launched their new developer YouTube channel. Head to youtube.com/squaredev or search for “Square Developer” on YouTube to learn more and subscribe.
- Quincy Larson – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
- Go back and listen to The Changelog #195, Quincy’s first appearance here on The Changelog
- The Future of freeCodeCamp.org - Lessons From 5 Years of Teaching the World to Code
- The Future of the freeCodeCamp Forum
- WeWork is Desperately Squeezing Cash Out of Meetup.com by Taxing 225,000 Communities
- Every donation you’ve ever made to freeCodeCamp is now tax deductible
- Check out the freeCodeCamp podcast
- freeCodeCamp Chapter - a self-hosted event management tool for nonprofits