Karolina Szczur joined the show to talk about community building, building remote-first teams, the hiring process in tech, product development, and the inclusivity factor of web performance.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Hired – Get hired. It’s free — in fact, they pay you to get hired. Our listeners get a double hiring bonus of $600.
- GoCD – GoCD is an on-premise open source continuous delivery server created by ThoughtWorks that lets you automate and streamline your build-test-release cycle for reliable, continuous delivery of your product.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Get one of the fastest, most efficient SSD cloud servers for only $5/mo. Use the code
changelog2017to get 4 months free!
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform.
Notes and Links
- Houston Flood Relief Fund - JJ Watt’s fundraiser for Victims of Hurricane Harvey
- Bayou City Relief - Helping Houston Get Home
- About Karolina Szczur
- Building remote-first teams
- How to write a successful conference proposal
- CSSConf and JSConf Australia Diversity Report
- A guide to empathetic hiring processes
- Your tech job posting is broken. Here’s how to fix it.
- Lighthouse from Google
- ElectronConf Seattle 2017
- Calibre - Web performance monitoring