We’re joined by Ronak Shah and Beth Dakin from the Safari team at Apple about their announcements at WWDC20 and the release of Safari 14. We talk about Safari WebExtensions, Face ID and Touch ID coming to the web, Safari’s plans to advance the web platform, and it all comes down to their focus on privacy, power, and performance.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Linode – Our cloud of choice and the home of Changelog.com. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2020. To learn more and get started head to linode.com/changelog.
- Ronak Shah – LinkedIn
- Beth Dakin – Twitter, LinkedIn
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
Special thanks to Linode for helping us make this episode interruption free.
- Safari Technology Preview
- WWDC20 - What’s new for web developers
- WWDC20 - Meet Safari Web Extensions
- WWDC20 - Meet Face ID and Touch ID for the web
- Welcoming Safari to the WebExtensions Community
- Browser Market Share Worldwide
- WebKit - Web Inspector Reference
- Follow WebKit on Twitter to keep up