Daniel Stenberg joined the show to talk about curl and libcurl and how he has spent at least 2 hours every day for the past 17 years working on and maintaining curl. That’s over 13k hours! We covered the origins of curl, how he chooses projects to work on, why he has remained so dedicated to curl all these years, the various version control systems curl has used, licensing, and more.
Join Changelog++ to support our work, get closer to the metal, and make the ads disappear!
- Codeship – If it works with Docker, it works with Codeship Jet.
- Toptal – Join Toptal and work with awesome people from anywhere in the world. Freelance with companies like Airbnb, Artsy & IDEO.
- Daniel Stenberg – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
Notes and Links
We talk through the past 17 years of this staple tool to the community and hear what Daniel has learned on his journey.
- Follow Daniel on Twitter
- Daniel Stenberg on YouTube
- curl and libcurl
- curl on the NASDAQ tower
- curl, 17 years old today
- curl - Changes
- curl - Companies Using curl
- curl - Man page
- curl - THANKS
- Make a Donation to the curl Project
- The commit that started it all – bagder/curl
- Listen to the teaser for this episode to learn about a “magic feature” of curl that’s been there for over 6 years
- Richard Stallman’s Personal Page
- Richard Stallman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Linus Torvalds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia