In this episode of Syntax, Scott and Wes talk with Josh Comeau about coding with your voice, accessibility, bootcamps, animation, and more!Sanity - Sponsor
Sanity.io is a real-time headless CMS with a fully customizable Content Studio built in React. Get a Sanity powered site up and running in minutes at sanity.io/create. Get an awesome supercharged free developer plan on sanity.io/syntax.Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what’s happening with your errors, track them with Sentry. Sentry is open-source error tracking that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in real time. Cut your time on error resolution from five hours to five minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code “tastytreat”.Guests Show Notes
01:48 - What is your background?
04:33 - Coding with your voice
08:32 - How do you code for a living if you can only do it for a few minutes a day?
21:56 - How has it impacted your productivity?
22:46 - Is it easier with a typed language like Typescript?
26:05 - What about accessibility?
27:14 - How good is the eye tracker?
29:30 - What got you into animation?
35:29 - Favorite app for animations?
40:12 - Being a teacher
41:44 - Is it worth going to a bootcamp?
44:57 - Interactivity in teachingLinks
- Using Python to Code by Voice
- Tobii 5
- Moleskine Apps
- Syntax 246: Bootcamps, Getting a Job, and Income Share Agreements with Heather Payne
- Nintendo Switch
- Voice Driven Development
- Josh: The Utterly Uninteresting and Unadventurous Tales of Fred, the Vampire Accountant
- Scott: The Neighborhood Listen
- Wes: Every Tool’s a Hammer by Adam Savage
- Scott: Animating Svelte - Sign up for the year and save 25%!
- Wes: Master Gatsby - Use the coupon code ‘Syntax’ for $10 off!