In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk with Pokey Rule about using his voice to code, and the current state of voice coding software.Stackoverflow Podcast - Sponsor
For over a dozen years, the Stack Overflow Podcast has been exploring what it means to be a developer, and how the art and practice of software programming is changing our world. Hosted by Ben Popper, Cassidy Williams, and Ceora Ford, the Stack Overflow Podcast is your home for all things code.
Listen to new episodes twice a week, wherever you get your podcasts.directus - Sponsor
Directus is an open-source data platform that instantly layers on top of any SQL database. Our Data Engine empowers engineers with dynamic REST+GraphQL APIs, workflow automation, built-in auth, caching, and asset transformations. And the included Data Studio democratizes your database, allowing even non-technical users to browse, manage, and visualize database content through a no-code data collaboration app.Show Notes
- 00:33 Welcome
- 01:35 Guest introduction
- Con 2021 - Cursorless: keyboards and mice are sooo last year!! by Pokey Rule
- Emily Shea
- 05:12 How does coding with your voice work?
- Talon Voice
- Cursorless Talon
- 09:45 How do you handle triggering wrong words?
- 11:41 Sponsor: The Stack Overflow Podcast
- 12:26 Example of voice coding
- 14:21 What are the noises you make for?
- 24:29 Working on multiple lines at the same time
- 27:37 How do you decide where the hats go?
- 31:18 Sponsor: directus
- 32:59 What is the community of users like for this?
- Tree Sitter
- “Incremental, zero-config Code Nav using stack graphs” by Douglas Creager
- 35:20 Does eye tracking work?
- 36:48 What kind of mic do you use?
- DPA Microphone
- The Voice Book
- 39:25 Supper Club questions
- Dark Abyss VS Code theme
- Kinesis Freestyle 2
- Charybdis Nano keyboard
- Arxiv Sanity
- Subvocal Recognition
- Imagen Research
- 54:11 ××× SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××