In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk with Dr. Courtney Tolinski about ADHD, how to tell if you have ADHD, issues related to ADHD for computer workers, anxiety vs ADHD, and more.LogRocket - Sponsor
LogRocket lets you replay what users do on your site, helping you reproduce bugs and fix issues faster. It’s an exception tracker, a session re-player and a performance monitor. Get 14 days free at logrocket.com/syntax.Appwrite - Sponsor
Appwrite is a self-hosted backend-as-a-service platform that provides developers with all the core APIs required to build any application. Get free cloud credits by signing up for early access to the Appwrite Cloud launch!Show Notes
- 00:36 Welcome
- 02:11 Guest introduction
- 03:00 Do I have ADHD?
- 09:12 What is the threshold for diagnosis?
- 11:43 Are there other issues for computer workers?
- Arc Browser
- Syntax 513 - The Productivity Episode
- 15:27 Avoiding difficult or boring things
- 17:04 Structuring your day
- 18:41 Sponsor: LogRocket
- 20:12 Any tips for working in a distracting environment?
- 23:40 Can I learn to deal with things?
- 27:28 How can I support a team member with ADHD?
- 31:51 Sponsor: Appwrite
- 32:47 Any lifestyle changes to help with ADHD?
- 38:26 How do you find medical help?
- 42:39 How do you tell the difference between discipline vs ADHD?
- 47:05 Anxiety vs ADHD?
- 48:36 Dyslexia and ADHD
- 53:31 Inheritable or genetic
- 54:50 Don’t rely on self-diagnoses
- Psychology Today
- 55:48 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××