In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes try to stump each other with coding interview questions like what is a higher order component? What is functional programming? And more!Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what’s happening with your code, track errors and monitor performance with Sentry. Sentry’s Application Monitoring platform helps developers see performance issues, fix errors faster, and optimize their code health. Cut your time on error resolution from hours to minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners new to Sentry can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code TASTYTREAT during sign up.Lightstep Incident Response - Sponsor
Streamline on-call, collaboration, incident management, and automation with a free 30-day trial of Lightstep Incident Response, built on ServiceNow. Usage-based pricing on active services promotes collaboration across your entire team to build a culture of service ownership. Listeners of Syntax will also receive a free Lightstep Incident Response T-shirt after firing an alert or incident.
Pay for the services you use, not the number of people on your team with Lightstep Incident Response, built on ServiceNow. Streamline on-call, collaboration, incident management, and automation with a free 30-day trial. Fire an alert or incident today and receive a free Lightstep Incident Response t-shirt.Show Notes
- 00:26 Welcome
- 01:47 Sponsor: Lightstep Incident Response
- 03:00 Sponsor: Sentry
- 04:10 What is a higher order component?
- 05:34 What is functional programming?
- 09:00 What’s the purpose of cache busting and how do you achieve it?
- 10:37 What is short circuit evaluation?
- 13:19 What is a closure?
- 17:30 Can you describe how CSS specificity works?
- 20:15 How does prototypal inheritance differ from classical inheritance?
- 23:56 What is the difference between a parameter and an argument?