In this potluck episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott answer your questions about middleman for API fetching, when to introduce SvelteKit, generating PDFs serverside, trade offs of being an entrepreneur vs employee, and more!Prismic - Sponsor
Prismic is a Headless CMS that makes it easy to build website pages as a set of components. Break pages into sections of components using React, Vue, or whatever you like. Make corresponding Slices in Prismic. Start building pages dynamically in minutes. Get started at prismic.io/syntax.Auth0 - Sponsor
Auth0 is the easiest way for developers to add authentication and secure their applications. They provides features like user management, multi-factor authentication, and you can even enable users to login with device biometrics with something like their fingerprint. Not to mention, Auth0 has SDKs for your favorite frameworks like React, Next.js, and Node/Express. Make sure to sign up for a free account and give Auth0 a try with the link below. https://a0.to/syntaxLogRocket - Sponsor
LogRocket lets you replay what users do on your site, helping you reproduce bugs and fix issues faster. It’s an exception tracker, a session re-player and a performance monitor. Get 14 days free at logrocket.com/syntax.Show Notes
- 00:18 Welcome
- 02:50 Is there a way to create a “middleman” to fetch data from an API once a day?
- 06:53 Should I wait before introducing team members to SvelteKit?
- SvelteKit V1 issues
- 10:28 What options do we have for generating PDFs serverside?
- WKHTML to PDF
- Generate Invoice Workers
- 15:47 Sponsor: Prismic
- 17:08 How do you say thank you to sponsors?
- 18:32 How would you compare the tradeoffs of working at a tech company vs. an agency vs. freelancing vs. entrepreneurship?
- 20:47 What’s the best way for an oldie like me to catch up?
- CSS Grid.io
- Modern CSS Layouts
- 26:08 I’m wondering what do you think about tRPC?
- Create t3 app
- 29:00 Sponsor: LogRocket
- 30:03 PDF creator Cloudflare worker
- 32:50 How do you feel about keeping separate accounts for things like Twitter?
- 37:28 Does using prototypes mean you are not doing functional programming?
- 45:15 Sponsor: Auth0
- 46:21 Why do you think this mindset that with age comes an inability to learn?
- Syntax 44 How to Learn New Things Quickly
- 51:32 Are there other payment providers you guys recommend or should I stick with Stripe and hope for the best?
- 56:10 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××