In this potluck episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott answer your questions about strategies to find good Twitter follows, should we use TypeScript for a company blog, what’s Playwright, and more!Prismic - Sponsor
Prismic is a Headless CMS that makes it easy to build website pages as a set of components. Break pages into sections of components using React, Vue, or whatever you like. Make corresponding Slices in Prismic. Start building pages dynamically in minutes. Get started at prismic.io/syntax.Sanity - Sponsor
Sanity.io is a real-time headless CMS with a fully customizable Content Studio built in React. Get a Sanity powered site up and running in minutes at sanity.io/create. Get an awesome supercharged free developer plan on sanity.io/syntax.LogRocket - Sponsor
LogRocket lets you replay what users do on your site, helping you reproduce bugs and fix issues faster. It’s an exception tracker, a session re-player and a performance monitor. Get 14 days free at logrocket.com/syntax.Show Notes
- 00:10 Welcome
- 01:53 TikTok update
- 02:46 What strategies do you use to find the good stuff?
- 11:17 What is the clear distinction b/w how the CRUD Ops & the Real time chat protocols (XMPP, Websockets, etc) differ?
- 15:56 Should we use TypeScript for a new blog?
- 20:45 Sponsor: Sanity
- 21:45 Is there any reason to still use string concatenation over template literals?
- 26:13 What should React devs use to get initial scaffolding in place?
- Create React App
- Turbo Pack
- 29:38 What’s the deal with Playwright?
- 34:28 Sponsor: LogRocket
- 35:19 What separates a “scripting” language from a “programming” language?
- 39:37:14 Sponsor: Prismic
- 40:23:02 Do you have any tips on how to change a defeated programmer mindset?
- 47:34:07 How has your use of and work in the browser changed with Arc?
- Arc Browser
- Syntax 514 - Supper Club × Arc Browser with Hursh Agrawal
- 49:18:15 Why would I attach an event listener with the useCapture argument as true?
- 51:33:24 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××