Xojo — Sponsor
Xojo is a cross-platform development tool for creating native apps for desktop, mobile, web and Raspberry Pi.
With Xojo you really can write just one version of your app, say, on the Mac, click a button, and have a completely native Windows version too.
Xojo lets you abstract yourself from specific platform details, so you can focus on what makes your app unique. All apps have completely native controls, even if they weren’t developed on that platform. Just use drag and drop to create your user interface, and one language to program the functionality.
Users also include Fortune 500 companies, citizen developers, professional developers, IT, hobbyists and students - anyone who wants to build apps faster.
Listeners of this show get 20% off with the coupon code SYNTAX over at xojo.com/syntaxShow Notes
- Take a drink every time Wes says exactly
- The most basic hosting / services
- WordPress.org, Medium, Wix, Squarespace
- Your Cheap PHP/Apache Hosts
- Endurance International Group owns most of the cheap web hosting world
- Bluehost doing shady stuff
- Siteground seems p good
- What does "spinning down" mean?
- Deploying to these services
- How these services do instant cut-overs to new servers
- SSL Certificates
- You should listen to the Our Stacks Explained episode.
- Zeit's Now Alias
- mLab MongoDB Hosting
- Compose MongoDB Hosting
- Raw Server Space
- Digital Ocean
- Digital Ocean Droplets
- Digital Ocean's docs are 👌👌👌👌
- SPA Apps - React, Angular, Vue...
- How to handle Routing
- Wes: Magnetic Magsafe-life USB cable for micro USB, USB-c and Lightning
- Wes: Magsafe-like USB that can handle a 87w Macbook Pro
- Wow: MONGOOSE VS SNAKE VIDEO
- Scott: Bulk Supplements