In this episode of Syntax, Scott and Wes talk with Heather Payne about bootcamps — how to get the most out of them and what to look out for!Sanity - Sponsor
Sanity.io is a real-time headless CMS with a fully customizable Content Studio built in React. Get a Sanity powered site up and running in minutes at sanity.io/create. Get an awesome supercharged free developer plan on sanity.io/syntax.Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what’s happening with your errors, track them with Sentry. Sentry is open-source error tracking that helps developers monitor and fix crashes in real time. Cut your time on error resolution from five hours to five minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code “tastytreat”.Guests Show Notes
07:52 - Bootcamps
- What do you teach in the bootcamp?
- How long is it?
- SHow do you validate and pick topics?
- What makes a good bootcamp student?
- Do bootcamps work?
- How do you get the most out of a bootcamp?
20:45 - Finding a job
- How do you prepare for an interview?
- What qualities, outside of technical skill, do you see in developers who get jobs easily out of the bootcamp?
- Do you see any common traits in the few that don’t get jobs?
- What about getting a job in the current climate?
43:30 - Other
- How do income share agreements work?
- Pay what you can income share agreements
- How do you tell if a bootcamp is good?
- Heather: Whereby
- Scott: Original Grind Coffee Co. Cold Brew Coffee Maker (1 Gallon)
- Wes: iStat Menus
- Heather: Juno’s Continuing Education Online Courses
- Scott: Design Systems In Figma - Sign up for the year and save 25%!
- Wes: Wes’ New Website - Use the coupon code ‘Syntax’ for $10 off!