552: Potluck × Twitter Thoughts × Business Models × Senior Developer
In this potluck episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott answer your questions about how to give feedback on the podcast, deciding on a business model for courses, what to do about Twitter, and more.Linode - Sponsor
Whether you’re working on a personal project or managing enterprise infrastructure, you deserve simple, affordable, and accessible cloud computing solutions that allow you to take your project to the next level. Simplify your cloud infrastructure with Linode’s Linux virtual machines and develop, deploy, and scale your modern applications faster and easier. Get started on Linode today with a $100 in free credit for listeners of Syntax. You can find all the details at linode.com/syntax. Linode has 11 global data centers and provides 24/7/365 human support with no tiers or hand-offs regardless of your plan size. In addition to shared and dedicated compute instances, you can use your $100 in credit on S3-compatible object storage, Managed Kubernetes, and more. Visit linode.com/syntax and click on the “Create Free Account” button to get started.Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what’s happening with your code, track errors and monitor performance with Sentry. Sentry’s Application Monitoring platform helps developers see performance issues, fix errors faster, and optimize their code health. Cut your time on error resolution from hours to minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners new to Sentry can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code TASTYTREAT during sign up.Freshbooks - Sponsor
Get a 30 day free trial of Freshbooks at freshbooks.com/syntaxShow Notes
- 00:10 Welcome
- 01:51 Podcast feedback
- 04:46 Can you talk about how you made the decision to re-write LevelUp?
- Strangler Fig
- 13:54 How did you get a score for your website?
- Google Pagespeed
- 19:30 Where will we move to when Twitter implodes?
- Twitter Blue
- 26:29 Sponsor: Linode
- 27:06 How did you arrive at your business model?
- 33:15 Advice for getting into freelancing web dev?
- 38:49 Sponsor: Sentry
- 40:07 How to feel more “senior” as a developer
- 43:30 How do you manage notifications between various apps?
- 50:46 Label makers
- Nimbot label makers
- 54:14 Sponsor: Freshbooks
- 54:45 How are people testing node apps?
- 56:38 What are your thoughts on the TanStack Router?
- 01:09 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××
- Scott: Sensibo Air
- Wes: We Crashed
- Scott: LevelUp Tutorials
- Wes: Wes Bos Tutorials
- Scott’s Instagram
- LevelUpTutorials Instagram
- Wes’ Instagram
- Wes’ Twitter
- Wes’ Facebook
- Scott’s Twitter
- Make sure to include @SyntaxFM in your tweets