Ethan Marcotte is here to talk about his new book, You Deserve a Tech Union, and discusses topics such as why we need unions in tech, who gets to be in the union, how unions can help deal with the AI question, union busting, and some arguments against unions.
Designer, writer, and speaker. Started that “responsive web design” thing.
- Ethan Marcotte on LinkedIn
- Ethan Marcotte on Mastodon
- Welcome to Ethan Marcotte’s website — Ethan Marcotte
- Responsive Web Design, A Book Apart
- You Deserve a Tech Union, A Book Apart
- Google Flat-Out Refuses to Bargain With Workers, Prompting YouTube Music Strike
- CEO Patrick Collison's email to Stripe employees
- Twitter lays off another 10% of staff, New York Times reports | CNN Business
- Kickstarter United
- When Is a Superstar Just Another Employee? - Freakonomics
- Basecamp Blowup: Banning Politics At Work Prompts Over A Dozen Employees To Quit : NPR
- Bandcamp United - Home
- Glitch workers sign tech’s first collective bargaining agreement - The Verge
- Waiting for "Superman"
- Resilient Management | A book for new managers in tech