Chris Biscardi Links
Who is Chris Biscardi?
Chris teaches people how to write Rust, work with Serverlesss, and take advantage of the Jamstack. He is an independent consultant with two major products (Toast and Sector) whose talks can be viewed at a variety of conferences such as qcon, gophercon, and more. Chris runs the Party Corgi Network, a community of practice and is an MDX maintainer.
I consult in two main areas:
* Building teams around specific initiatives (such as building a Design System team).
What is MDX?
MDX is an authorable format that lets you seamlessly write JSX in your Markdown documents. You can import components, such as interactive charts or alerts, and embed them within your content. This makes writing long-form content with components a blast 🚀.
Ask Chris some leading questions ;)
- Why would you use regular markdown?
- What makes MDX so powerful?
- If you have HTML tags in md do they need to be converted to JSX?
- How do you get compilation at Build Time, if a component is used?
- How does MDX perform at scale?
- Digital Garden’s with MDX, what framework would you recommend to get started with one right now?
- So, you’ve created a new ESM first framework built on Preact called Toast. Is MDX built into it out of the box? https://www.toast.dev/
We are currently using @mdx-js/runtime directly to convert our blog posts from MDX over to output.
Is this bad, should we use something like https://github.com/hashicorp/next-mdx-remote instead?
Party Corgi Network https://partycorgi.com/
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/purrfect-dev/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/purrfect-dev/support