Let the debate begin (again)! This time we’re arguing whether or not single-page apps were a big mistake. This premise was inspired by Chris Ferdinandi’s SPAs were a mistake post.
Divya & Nick represent Team Yep and KBall goes solo on Team Nope. Jerod, as per our usual arrangement, is on Team Winner.
Changelog++ members get a bonus 6 minutes at the end of this episode and zero ads. Join today!
- Raygun – Never miss another mission-critical issue again — Raygun Alerting is now available for Crash Reporting and Real User Monitoring, to make sure you are quickly notified of the errors, crashes, and front-end performance issues that matter most to you and your business. Set thresholds for your alert based on an increase in error count, a spike in load time, or new issues introduced in the latest deployment. Start your free 14-day trial at Raygun.com
- Vercel – Vercel combines the best developer experience with an obsessive focus on end-user performance. Our platform enables frontend teams to do their best work. Unlock a better frontend workflow today.
- Sourcegraph – Move fast, even in big codebases. Sourcegraph is universal code search for every developer and team. Easily search across all the code that matters to you and your organization: find example code, explore and read code, debug issues, and more. Head to info.sourcegraph.com/changelog and click the button “Try Sourcegraph now” to get started.
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
- Divya – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
Previous YepNope debates:
- Should websites work without JS?
- Is modern JS tooling too complicated?
- Are web apps fundamentally different than web sites?
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!