Kevin Ball and Suz Hinton talk with Jay Phelps about WebAssembly; what it is, how to use it, and how some are using it already.
- Rollbar – We catch our errors before our users do because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes, and deploy your code with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Hired – Salary and benefits upfront? Yes please. Our listeners get a double hiring bonus of $600! Or, refer a friend and get a check for $1,337 when they accept a job. On Hired companies send you offers with salary, benefits, and even equity upfront. You are in full control of the process. Learn more at hired.com/jsparty.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Jay Phelps – Twitter, GitHub
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Suz Hinton – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- WebAssembly Demystified
- Can I use… WASM
- Making WebAssembly even faster: Firefox’s new streaming and tiering compiler – Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog
- GopherJS vs WebAssembly for Go - DEV Community 👩💻👨💻
- WebAssembly cut Figma’s load time by 3x – Figma Design
- Screamin’ Speed with WebAssembly – Hacker Noon
- raphamorim/wasm-and-rust: WebAssembly and Rust: A Web Love Story
- Hello wasm-pack! – Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog
- all: WebAssembly (“wasm”) support · Issue #18892 · golang/go
- Guide for C/C++ developers - WebAssembly
- Compiling a New C/C++ Module to WebAssembly - WebAssembly | MDN
- rust-native-wasm-loader - npm
- cpp-loader - npm
- WebAssembly Studio
- DenisKolodin/yew: Rust framework for building client web apps
- Initial stab at porting
asm/stack.tsto Rust by alexcrichton · Pull Request #752 · glimmerjs/glimmer-vm
- Draco 3D Graphics Compression