With the jumping off point of KBall’s question: “What are best practices for organizing a Node project?” Mikeal and Feross drop an incredible amount of wisdom about Node, organizing using modules, release management, deployment approaches, how to adopt change, and more.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- DigitalOcean – The simplest cloud platform for developers and teams Whether you’re running one virtual machine or ten thousand, makes managing your infrastructure too easy. Get started for free with a $50 credit. Learn more at do.co/changelog.
- CrossBrowserTesting – The ONLY all-in-one testing platform that can run automated, visual, and manual UI tests – on thousands of real desktops and mobile browsers.
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Mikeal Rogers – Twitter, GitHub
- Feross Aboukhadijeh – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Substack on tiny modules
- Github Actions
- Mikeal’s merge-release github action
- Feross’s npm publish scripts to do releases really quickly
- Mikeal’s github action for npx
- Mikeal’s github action for bundle size
- Bitmidi.com repo
- Zeit Now
- Zeit Now CLI
- Zeit deployment
- Netlify deployment
- Now Desktop
- Content addressable storage