The gang gets together to catch you up on what’s new & noteworthy in the community. Then we share a few things we’ve learned recently in our first-ever “Today I Learned” segment. Finally, we wrap it up with things we’re excited about.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2019. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- CrossBrowserTesting – The ONLY all-in-one testing platform that can run automated, visual, and manual UI tests – on thousands of real desktops and mobile browsers.
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
- Suz Hinton – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Divya – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
New & Noteworthy
- Caniuse and MDN teaming up on compatibility data
- At long last, Mario comes to HTML
- Google chimes in on TypeScript 3.5
- Firefox DevTools adds Inactive CSS overlay
Today I Learned
- Don’t use navigator.getUserMedia
- Do use mediaDevices.getUserMedia
- Suz’ PR to get tests passing
- jest-axe / axe-core
- PKCE is pronounced “pixie”