Suz, Safia, and Kball get together to talk about accessibility; what does it mean, why should we care, and what tools and resources can we use to better educate ourselves, and improve our work.
- Rollbar – We catch our errors before our users do because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes, and deploy your code with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Algolia – Our search partner. Algolia’s full suite search APIs enable teams to develop unique search and discovery experiences across all platforms and devices. We’re using Algolia to power our site search here at Changelog.com. Get started for free and learn more at algolia.com.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2018. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Suz Hinton – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Safia Abdalla – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
Notes and Links
- Easy Accessibility Testing with aXe
- aXe Future Tools
- a11y | Join us on Slack!
- tota11y – an accessibility visualization toolkit
- GitHub - reactjs/react-a11y: Identifies accessibility issues in your React.js elements
- Ember A11y · GitHub
- Lighthouse | Tools for Web Developers | Google Developers
- Introducing the Accessibility Inspector in the Firefox Developer Tools › Marco’s Accessibility Blog
- Firefox 61 – Quantum of Solstice – Mozilla Hacks – the Web developer blog
- How to make videos accessible | Adelphi Digital Consulting Group
- Writing Automated Tests for Accessibility
- The A11Y Project
- A11ycasts with Rob Dodson - YouTube
- Accessibility Wins, curated by Marcy Sutton