Happy New Year! Sam and Ryan are back from the holidays, talking about transitive dependencies in node and the browser in the context of Ryan’s next-s3-upload library. They also discuss a SuspenseAfterInitialRender component, speed vs. testability in services and monoliths, and a thought-provoking tweet from Dan Abramov on tests vs. source code.
- 0:00 - Would you want tests or source code
- 11:20 - Suspense, SuspenseAfterInitialRender, unstable_avoidThisFallback
- 19:05 - Value of having a reproducible test suite for a dynamic app
- 22:12 - Speed vs. testability of services vs. monolith
- 26:24 - How to import different versions of dependencies in libraries. Module resolution in node vs. browser.