Sam and Ryan chat about Sketch’s new Prototyping feature, using Amazon Workspaces to develop Ember apps in a Windows environment on a Mac, and how to use git tag to ensure your project’s dependencies don’t disappear. They also answer some listener questions.
- Sketch prototyping + design
- Ember on Windows
- git tag for immutable gh references
- Q: with the latest Router service it’s possible to transition to another page from everywhere in the code. Before, we created specific actions in the route, just to transition to another page. Is transitioning to other pages from inside components considered a bad practise, or is it totally fine (My co workers feels it’s ‘dirty’ to transition from inside components.)? Do you have any guidelines when and where to transition with the new service? (edited) (@maarten from Slack)
- Can you use mirage for other applications as well? (ex: Rails app with same API dependencies as Ember.) (https://twitter.com/keystonelemur/status/979777292745363456)
- Can you talk about how to upgrade ember.js smoothly? I always have trouble bumping our ember version, mainly I think due to some add-ons. But the error message are not that useful. (https://twitter.com/tantantanmian/status/980662478374805505)