Sam and Ryan share their experiences building with Remix for the very first time. Sam built a simple exercise tracking app using the Indie starter stack, and Ryan built a blog using server rendering in both Remix and Next.js, and talks about the differences between the two frameworks. They both discuss what the larger React community can learn from the ideas that Remix has to offer.
- 0:00 - Intro
- 2:33 - Sam’s Remix app
- 6:34 - The Indie stack
- 19:36 - Creating the data model in Prisma, a form, and an index route
- 25:48 - Ryan building the same Blog app in Remix and Next.js
- 32:33 - Using onSubmit vs. posting an HTML Form
- 39:15 - Remix’s fetcher API
- 46:46 - Borrowing declarative abstractions
- 56:18 - What did we give up when we left the PHP model of building websites? Did we throw the baby out with the bathwater?