Ryan shares how building his own RSC implementation from scratch helped him better understand React’s new paradigm. He and Sam talk about how a client React app can fetch an RSC Payload from a server endpoint to update the UI, how an RSC server renders and bundles Client code that’s part of a Server Component tree, and how a client-side Router can be used to fetch new RSC trees based on the URL.
- 0:00 - Intro
- 2:48 - Making a server endpoint that a client React app can use to re-render the UI
- 15:42 - How the bundling step shims Client Components during a server render with a reference that the client app can later use to execute browser code
- 35:16 - How the React Component API unifies server and client functionality in a single composable interface
- 38:54 - How a client-side router can render different server trees based on the URL
- 49:09 - Reference projects used