Alex Matchneer chats with Sam and Ryan about challenging routing patterns in Ember, his involvement with the Ember community, and what Ember’s next router might look like.
- Routing patterns from mobile apps that are difficult with Ember
- Lessons learned from community involvement
- The concept of timespans
- Fighting community conventions
- Server-driven state changes
- Declarative routing
Alex also answers some listener questions:
- When are you going to release a full album?
- If you could improve one thing with Ember, what would it be and why?
- Do you have strategies for teaching ember-concurrency to someone who doesn't know about generator functions? Do you try to teach those separately first?
- What are some concepts/design patterns you wish all developers would know about and internalize?
- How do non-ember-core members become more involved in ember-core? What are some ways to bridge the gap between basic contributions and the complicated RFC process? How do you drive community change from only addon code?